REPUBLIC OF KENYA
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF MOMBASA
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR THE URBAN RENEWAL AND REDEVELOPMENT OF OLD ESTATES WITHIN MOMBASA COUNTY THROUGH JOINT VENTURE PARTNERSHIP
TENDER NO. CGM/PRO/T/15/2015-2016
- This Invitation for Request for Proposals follows the approval by the Mombasa County Executive to undertake the Urban Renewal and Redevelopment of Old Estates within the County by partnering with Private parties on short term Joint Venture basis.
- The County in line with its responsibility for urban management as vested to it under the Urban Areas and Cities Act, 2011 intends to undertake an aggressive Programme aimed at redeveloping and regenerating the existing old estates within the County by partnering with the Private Sector on Joint Venture basis. The Houses to be redeveloped shall be offered to members of the public to buy on long term lease basis or be rented where necessary.
- The first phase of the Project is aimed at developing Two (2) new Estates and redeveloping Seven (7) old Estates into modern housing estates with improved housing facilities and infrastructure to meet the rising demand for housing units in the County. These Estates are:
- · Lot No. 1 – Khadija Estate;
- · Lot No. 2 – Miritini Greenfields;
- · Lot No. 3 – Shimo La Tewa Greenfields;
- · Lot No. 4 – Changamwe Estate;
- · Lot No. 5 – Tudor Estate;
- · Lot No. 6 – Mzizima Estate;
- · Lot No. 7 – Buxton Estate;
- · Lot No. 8 – Likoni Estates; and
- · Lot No. 9 – Nyerere Estate;
- The pilot programme shall begin with the redevelopment of Lot No. 1 – Khadija Estate, Lot No. 2 – Miritini Greenfields, Lot No. 4 – Changamwe Estate, Lot No. 8 – Likoni Estates and Lot No. 9 – Nyerere Estate. The Tenders for the rest of the sites shall be advertised shortly thereafter.
- Bidders are allowed to bid for more than one of the aforementioned Lots.
- The County Secretary, County Government of Mombasa HEREBY invites sealed Request for Proposals (RFP) from eligible, reputable local and / or international Bidders to bid for the project(s).
- Interested local and international Bidders may seek clarification in writing, and the same to be received, at least Seven (7) working days (Mondays to Fridays) before bid submission deadline to the following address:-County Secretary, County Government of Mombasa P.O. Box 80133-80100, Mombasa, Kenya.
- The Request for Proposal document shall be obtained free of charge from www.mombasa.go.ke
- Request for Proposal documents must be delivered or submitted by 10:00 a.m. East African Time on 4th March 2016 and be deposited in the Tender Box at County Government of Mombasa. The outer envelope should be clearly marked:-URBAN RENEWAL AND REDEVELOPMENT OF OLD ESTATES WITHIN MOMBASA COUNTY THROUGH JOINT VENTURE PARTNERSHIP. Bulky documents that cannot be deposited in the Tender Box can be physically delivered to County Government of Mombasa, Procurement Office, and clearly marked on the envelope: DO NOT OPEN BEFORE 4TH MARCH 2016 AT 10:00 A.M. EAST AFRICAN TIME.The opening of the submitted bids will be done immediately thereafter in the presence of Bidders or their appointed Representatives who choose to attend the opening at the Boardroom.
- The Bidders shall bear all the costs associated with submission of their Request for Proposal documents. There shall be no refunds from the County Government of Mombasa.
- The County Government reserves the right to accept or reject any or all RFPs without assigning any reasons.
- Submission of the Bids must be consistent with the RFP document in the website.
- The County Government hereby invites interested Bidders and other investors to an Investors Briefing Conference to be held on 26TH FEBRUARY, 2016 AT 0900 Hours. VENUE: Sarova Whitesands Hotel, Mombasa, Kenya. COUNTY SECRETARY,
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF MOMBASA.