- Constitutionally, MoYGS draws the mandate to exercise its functions from the County Government Act which establishes County Governments.
- County Governments exercise delegated powers of the national government so as to bring services closer to the citizenry and also spur economic, social and political development within their jurisdiction as envisioned in the Vision 2030 and attainment of the Millenium Development Goals.
- MoYGS is therefore a creation of the constitution. For instance; some of the MDGs the Ministry focuses to achieve are:
- Reduction of extreme poverty
- Promotion of gender equality
- In its pursuit to meet its goals and objectives, MoYGS plays a dual role of being a facilitator and implementor.
2319total visits,2visits today