Reports to : Assistant Director Finance & Administration
Supervises : Staff under him/her
Job Category : Group L
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertaking a wide range of management accounting
- Gathering, compiling and analyzing information and commitment and expenditure trends and initiating appropriate corrective action as may be required.
- Compiling information required on budget monitoring and expenditure control including expenditures on salaries and allowances; and
- Initial processing of reallocation within the budget.
- Manage and supervise accounting operation in the accounting section.
- Verification of vouchers and committal documents in accordance with laid down rules and procedures.
- Data capture, maintenance of primary records such as cash books, ledgers, vote books and registers.
- Production of simple management reports like imprests and expenditure returns etc.
- Ensure safe custody of records and assets
- Receiving duly processed payments and receipt vouchers, writing/processing cheques and posting payments and receipt vouchers in cash books.
- Inspecting and entering accounting data into QuickBooks accounting and MS Excel accounting system,
- Reconciliation of expenditure with the approved budget
- Confirmation that all funds received together with all exchange gains/loss were received and correctly recorded.
- Confirming accuracy of vouchers, accounts and cost centers examination that all vouchers are in accordance with the subject of budget position arithmetical accuracy of vouchers, accounts and cost centers
- A review of the system of internal accounting donor accounting requirements and administrative control procedures to confirm their adequacy and effectiveness.
- Monthly checking of NSSF/NHIF/PAYE returns and advice on new policy developments from KRA.
- Management of Quick Book/MS Excel accounts and Asset register
- Preparation of final accounts and accounting statements.
- Prepare payments and reconcile with vote heads.
- Management reports, Bank reconciliation, G&L maintenance and internal control review reports
Requirements for Appointment
- For appointment to this grade, an applicant must be in possession of at least Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Finance/Accounting option), Business Management or Finance, Economics, Business Administration plus Certified Public Accountant (CPA II) or ACCA II or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Served in the grade of Finance Officer III or a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for at least three (3) years and
- Have shown merit and ability in work performance and results.
Be computer literate