Reports to : Assistant Director Finance & Administration
Supervises : Staff under him/her
Job Category : Group J
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and coordinating all administrative and operational issues.
- supervision of auxiliary staff/office assistants in addition to supervising drivers, allocate duties to drivers, prepare routine motor vehicle inspection and reports and carry out road tests for drivers, co-ordination of matters dealing with general office accommodation/allocation of offices; physical operations i.e. vehicle and ground maintenance, office equipment/telephone services and general maintenance in the institution.
- Scheduling, coordinating meetings and interviews.
- Assist in preparation of work plans.
- Provide liaison and administrative support to Board’s Committees.
- In liaison with Resource Centre Assistant Maintain a secure filing system, database and archives.
- Ensure security of Board offices, assets and records.
- Ensure maintenance of optimum stock levels and replenishment.
- Directs and leads the maintenance staff on the service, repair and preventative maintenance of the machinery and utility systems to prevent interruptions of daily operations.
- Supervise and direct the maintenance staff and workers by providing training and development, monitoring and evaluating work performance, and ensure that they are trained in maintenance activities and are following standard operating procedures
- Ensures appropriate actions and recommendations are completed to assure a safe working environment.
- Perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance, diagnostics and troubleshooting procedures on the utility systems.
- Responsible for the daily/weekly/monthly and yearly utility checks.
- Reviews operating and maintenance procedures on all utility systems for compliance with environmental, health and safety laws, programs and policies.
- In liaison with Procurement Officer supply and manage office supplies, equipment, machines or properties to office and kitchen utilities.
- Schedule meetings, welcome/receive visitors relating to work.
- Ensure adequate supply of basic supplies like meals and water for employees.
- Manage administrative department, maintain a safe and secure work environment.
- Maintain office efficiency, plan and implement office systems, layouts and equipment procurement.
- Ensure rules and procedures in place regarding working hours, lunch, office closure and communications about security.
- Create, control, and monitor all administrative requirements of the Board.
- In liaison with Procurement Officer, maintain stationary supplies and coordinating deliveries, arrange bookings, meetings, travels and accommodation for Board’s staff and VIPs or visitors etc.
- Ensure office management of stationery, cleaning services, telephone, fax and mobile phone services.
- Composing, typing, and distributing meeting notes, routine correspondence and reports
- Assist with coordinating safety documents and Drivers’ License renewals and safety training
- Provide other HR support such as maintain confidential files, records and information and fuel cards for drivers
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
Requirement for appointment:-
A Diploma in Business Administration/Transport/Business/Logistics Management, CPS III or its equivalent from a recognized institution; (ii) A valid driving license free from endorsement; and (iii) Served in the grade of Administrative Assistant, Assistant Transport Officer/Senior Driver or its equivalent position from a reputable organization for a period of not less than three (3) years (iii) Be computer literate.