Reports to : Director Administration
Supervises : Staff under him/her
Job Category : Group P
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing of budgetary supply matters as well as planning
- Initial evaluation and scrutiny of expenditure proposals and compilation of information required in the budgetary process
- Processing of annual, forward and revised estimates of recurrent and development expenditures
- Initiating proposals seeking funds for additional expenditures and reallocation of voted funds during the year
- Monitoring expenditure on projects and programmed implementation on a periodic basis and ensuring timely corrective measures are taken
- Monitoring commitments, expenditures and reimbursements.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an applicant must have:
- Served in the grade of Principal Finance Officer/Principal Budget Officer or a comparable and relevant position in the public service for at least three (3) years.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Economics, Finance, Commerce or in a financial related discipline from a recognized University.
- Attended and Successfully completed a Strategic Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Shown merit and ability in related work performance.