Reports to : Director Human Resources Management & Development
Job Category : Group P
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, coordinating, organizing, designing and developing HR functions within the Division;
- Monitoring HR operations and activities of the HRM Division;
- Assisting in review, design and interpretation of HRM Policies;
- Advising on proper deployment, making proposals on HR planning and succession management;
- Analyzing staff performance and career progression and making appropriate recommendations;
- Ensuring correct interpretation and implementation of HRM policies, rules and regulations including those relating to pensions, salary administration, labor laws and other statutes relating to HRM;
- Supervising, guiding, counselling, mentoring and development of staff under him/her.
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an applicant must have:
- A Degree in Human Resource/Industrial Relations or Public/Business Administration (HR bias) from a recognized university.
- A Master’s degree in HRM or in the relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Served in the grade of Principal Human Resource Management Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Shown Outstanding professional and managerial skills In HRM and
- Proficiency in computer applications. Previous experience in Oracle/HRIS is preferable.