Reports to : Secretary/Chief Executive Officer
Job Category : Group P
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate all public relations activities including publishing brochures, handbooks, flyers, CDs etc.
- Updating the Public Service Board website in liaison with the IT section.
- Coordinating of the outreach programmes.
- Prepare press releases, react to media stories and proactive media reporting through the media through the available channels and coordinating with the House Broadcast unit on broadcast/media aspects.
- Convening public relations and media related meetings and chairing the sessions while ensuring all minutes are taken and filed.
Required Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Media Communication or related qualifications
- A Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- Be competent in use of IT as a working tool
- Served in the grade of Public Communication Officer or an equivalent position in either the public or the private sector for at least 10 years.