Reports to : Assistant Director HR Management & Development
Supervises : Staff under him/her
Job Category : Group M
Job Summary · The HRIS Officer will support the implementation of departmental HR applications, modules, and tools. Through needs assessment and analysis of HR processes, this individual will create functional specifications, partners with the centers of excellence to design, plan, test, and implement system changes.·
Additionally, s/he will be responsible for system administration/configuration and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collaborate with functional areas/centers of excellence to define HR system requirements and needs for Recruit/Hire/On-board activities, compensation, benefits, training etc.
· Liaison between functional groups, IT, and external vendors to bridge HR requirements with technology.
· Responsible for retrieval and reporting of candidate and employee data for internal and external use.
· Develop and maintain documentation of systems implementation, customizations, and workflow.
· Create test strategy and plan and execute testing for
system upgrades, patches, enhancements, interfaces and new functionality.
· Interface with other functional departments to resolve problems, optimize system use and adoption, and recommend improvements.
· Training on system enhancements and implementation of new modules.
· Responsible for ongoing data management/integrity and integration of HR systems.
· Assists other team members in the testing of system changes, as well as identifying and documenting process and procedural changes to support process improvement opportunities.
Requirements for appointment
- A bachelor’s degree and three (3) to five (5) years of Human Resources experience, or A master’ degree in Human Resources Management and two (2) years of experience in the HR field. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office packages. Previous Oracle/HRIS is desirable.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills. Must have ability to learn quickly and work in fast-paced environment. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Working knowledge of pay and employee benefits administration, employee/industrial relations and statutory compliance.
Must have the ability and confidence to make decisions relating to role’s accountabilities. Must exercise discretion when determining if direction from manager is needed. Is accountable for the outcomes of decisions made.