Reports to : Assistant Director Training & Development
Supervises : Staff under him/her
Job Category : Group M
Duties and Responsibilities
- To effectively coordinate, evaluate and monitor performance appraisals and management of County Human Resources to the required standards of achievement.
- Developing and promoting effective and working performance appraisal frameworks that will drive and facilitate the attainment of good performance standards within the County Human Resource to attain utmost financial gains that will enable the County stand out as an entity with a global image.
- Enhancing the image of both staff and the County in general through innovating a strong value proposition that will trigger external labor desire to associate with the standards.
- Preparing management reports regarding performance management and appraisal matters.
- Ensuring institutionalization of uniform standards and performance control practices and procedures in the County public service.
- Ensure regular review of the code of conduct and standards.
- Coordinate and implement World Class Standards for efficient, effective County public service.
- Coordination of annual work plans, staff performance targets and appraisal reports.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Public/Business Administration/Human Resources Management from a recognized institution
- Master’s Degree in the relevant field or CPS III will be an added advantage
- Professional Certification in Leadership and Management
- At least 5 years’ experience in performance management/appraisal or quality assurance; 3 of which should be in managerial or similar position in a large private or public institution.
- Experience and familiarity with ISO standardization/Quality Management Systems will be a definite advantage.
- Demonstrate professional competence in administration, capabilities in the general organization and management of public organization
- Knowledge of the labor laws and other related legislation
- Membership of a professional body
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office packages. Previous Oracle HRIS desirable.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Planning and organization skills
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Good communication skills – written, oral and editorial
- Ability to think strategically
- Analytical, critical and strategic thinking
- Creative and innovative skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal, relationship building and collaborative skills
- Strong sense of initiative, responsibility and sound judgement
- Resource management skills
- Team, leadership, motivation and guidance skills
- Time management