Supervises : Staff under him/her
Job Category : Group M
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Assistant Director Human Resource Management in providing advice on best HR practices on employee welfare matters.
- Advise on employment relations and welfare, staff remuneration and benefits administration.
- Advise on development of good and reliable grievance procedures/mechanisms and planning and attending grievance meetings.
- Handle all union matters and foster good employee and industrial relations for peaceful and harmonious co-existence.
- Participate in Collective Bargaining Agreements and preparation for arbitrations and negotiations as needed.
- Advise as appropriate on Staff benefits, compensation and salary administration issues.
- Advise on all important welfare matters that include medical schemes, Personal Insurance Covers, statutory requirements and related issues e.g. NHIF, NSSF, WIBA and OSHA.
- Plan and coordinate welfare activities like sporting events, end of year parties, burial arrangements etc.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:
- A bachelor’s degree and three (3) to five (5) years of Human Resources experience, or A master’ degree in Human Resources Management and two (2) years of experience in the HR field. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office packages. Previous Oracle/HRIS is desirable.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills. Must have ability to learn quickly and work in fast-paced environment. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Working knowledge of pay and employee benefits administration, employee/industrial relations and statutory compliance.
Must have the ability and confidence to make decisions relating to role’s accountabilities. Must exercise discretion when determining if direction from manager is needed. Is accountable for the outcomes of decisions made.