Reports to : Assistant Directors HR Training & Development
Supervises : Staff under him/her
Job Category : Group M
Duties and Responsibilities
- In charge of all training and development matters that include advising the board as appropriate on all training and development needs.
- Supervising, guiding, counselling, mentoring, training and development of staff working under him/her;
- Recommend, evaluate, and manage staff training and development programs.
- Oversee all management training and development programmes, supervisory and associated training activities.
- Developing Training Need Assessments, advising on vendor selection and in-house training course development.
- Manage training and development programmes to ensure successful completion of re-enforcement plans.
- Review and make recommendations to the Assistant Director HR Training and Development for any improvements to HR Training and Development policies, procedures and practices.
- Communicate appropriate changes to all employees and ensure compliance.
- Compile and analyze statistical reports concerning recruitment and selection, compensation, headcount, scorecard, succession planning, and turnover data and advice the Assistant Director HR Training and Development on areas of concern.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Act as the designated back-up to the HR team for processing time and attendance records, completing payroll and administering benefit programmes.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Requirements for appointment:
- A bachelor’s degree and three (3) to five (5) years of Human Resources experience, or A master’ degree in Human Resources Management and two (2) years of experience in the HR field. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office packages. Previous Oracle/HRIS is desirable.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills. Must have ability to learn quickly and work in fast-paced environment. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Working knowledge of pay and employee benefits administration, employee/industrial relations and statutory compliance.
Must have the ability and confidence to make decisions relating to role’s accountabilities. Must exercise discretion when determining if direction from manager is needed. Is accountable for the outcomes of decisions made.