Position Title : Communication & Liaison Officer (1 Post)
Reports to : Chief Officer of Health
Job Category : Group M
The Communication and Liaison Officer will assist the Chief Officer of Health in managing the political environment and advice on all communication issues including relationship with media and other external and internal stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct daily review of electronic and print media and take appropriate action.
- Extract health issues affecting international, national and the County from the media and give feed back to the Chief Officer of Health.
- Draft speeches, statements, briefings and written communication ensuring high level of consistency and accuracy of content.
- Liaise with other government departments/Counties and stakeholders in all issues affecting health.
- Assist the Chief Officer of Health in managing liaison with the office of the Governor and other structures in the County Government.
- In close consultation with the research and HMIS Officer in the office of the County Director of Health ensure reliable and up to date information is available.
- Assist the Chief Officer of Health in managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Chief Officer of Health.
Requirements for appointment
- Degree in Communication/Media studies, Public Relations or related field.
- Post graduate qualifications in Communication/Media studies or public relations is desirable.
- Master’s Degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least seven (5) years’ experience in the related field.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Comprehensive understanding of health challenges in devolved government.
- Ability to write effectively at speed and accurately.
- Proven record of results with previous employer.
- Evidence of successful change management in previous employment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Strong and excellent IT skills.
- Evidence of statistical analysis and interpretation
- Ability to think widely and synthesize complex issues.
- Ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.