Together with other County officials, I had a productive engagement with the Kenya Coast Tourism Association (KCTA) where we discussed various matters pertaining the Tourism sector.
Among the key issues deliberated was the formation of Mombasa County tourism board that shall help in ensuring proper coordination between the County government and the private sector for the improvement of the tourism industry.
KCTA has committed to work closely with the people and the County government of Mombasa to ensure all visitors and residents enjoy destination Mombasa during this festive season.
Department of Tourism Development
GENERAL FUNCTIONS OF THE OFFICE
• County Tourism policy management
• Administration of Tourism development levy
• County parks, beaches and recreational facilities
• Administration and regulation of Betting ,casinos and other forms of gambling levies.
• Liquor Licensing
• Development of Tourism Infrastructure and Amenities.