Reports to : Assistant Director’s Ombudsman Office
Job Category : Group N
- Managing the development of policy framework and strategies on investigations of frauds and other sanctionble incidents in the County and implementation of the fraud risk management programmes.
- Pro-active intelligence, analyzing and interpreting information on incidents of fraud and other sanctionable reports so as to advice on appropriate preventive measures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an effective incidents and forensic investigation systems that meet the County needs.
- Develop, implement and monitor effective fraud tracking system.
- Undertake regular and adhoc fraud, incidents and risk assessment and recommend preventive measures.
- Recommend sourcing, constant updating and maintenance of software and hardware (database).
- Effectively liaise with other forensic and anti-fraud government agencies and create conducive environment to ensure that necessary information and assistance is received to arrest any risks detected to County Government.
- Prepare and effectively implement investigations budget.
- Develop, manage and ensure regular update and maintenance of data/record of all reported incidents and fraud cases.
- Research, develop and regularly update investigation guide that meets County Government needs in line with the best investigations practice.
- Conduct investigations of fraud, corruption and other sanctionable practices within the County and in activities financed by the public like development projects, misconduct involving staff with regard to activities financed by County Government or misuse of County resources.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- University Degree in Social Sciences
- Excellent and proven forensic and fraud and fraud investigation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational, planning and analytical skills
At least seven (7) years in incidents and forensic investigation in a reputable organization.