COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF MOMBASA
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
The Mombasa County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following position:
Member County Policing Authority
Pursuant to section 41 (1) and (2) of The National Police Service Act 2011 and Gazette Notice number 114 dated 9thJanuary 2015, the Mombasa County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to serve as members in the County Policing Authority.
The Board therefore, invites applications from the categories listed below:
- Business sector
- Community based organizations
- Persons with special needs
- Religious organizations
Only one Person will be selected from each category.
The functions of the Authority shall be to:-
- Develop proposals on priorities, objectives and targets for police performance in the County;
- Monitor trends and patterns of crime in the County including those with a specific impact on the woman and children;
- Promote community policing initiatives in the County;
- Monitor progress and achievements of the targets;
- Provide financial oversight of the budget of the County police;
- Provide feedback on performance of the police service at the County level;
- Provide platform through which the public participate on all aspects to do with County policing and the National police service at County level;
- Facilitate public participation on the County policing policy;
- Ensure policing accountability to the public;
- Receive reports from community policing forums and committees; and
- Ensure compliance with the national policing standards.
The applicant shall be eligible for appointment if the person:-
(a) Is a citizen of Kenya,
(b) Satisfies chapter Six of the Constitution, and
(c) Is resident, conducts business, or is employed in Mombasa County for a continuous period of three years.
Members appointed shall serve for a term of two years and shall be eligible for reappointment for one further term.
Requirements for appointment
A person shall not be qualified for appointment as a member of the authority, if that person;
(a) Is an un-discharged bankrupt;
(b) Has been removed from office for contravening the Constitution or any law;
(c) Is not a citizen of Kenya; or
(d) Has in the conduct of his or her affairs not met any statutory obligation.
Note: Important Information to all Applicants
- Applicants must attach copies of C.V’s, academic and professional certificates.
- Clearance certificates from C.I.D., EACC, HELB and KRA
- National Identity Card
- Indicate Sub-county and Ward of residence.
Every application should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the category or specific area the Applicant is applying for, and be addressed to;-
Mombasa County public Service Board,
P.O. Box 80076-80100, Mombasa, Kenya
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Mombasa Public Service Board offices situated at Betting Control Building, 1stFloor opposite Swahili Culture
All applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 29th February, 2016 at 5.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MOMBASA COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER