The Mombasa County Disaster Management Response Team in collaboration with M.C.C.B.O, Kenya Red Cross and other well- wishers we have been working round the clock to ensure the safety and welfare of our people.
We have set up response teams headed by County Executives to cover all the Sub- Counties which have responded to various emergencies including:
1. Relocation of about 250 residents of Kalahari in Kipevu ward to Chaani Social hall due to continued mud slides.
2. Draining flooded areas around the County ,
3. Demolition of structures that that have been blocking water ways in Kiembeni which included the walls of Naivas Bamburi, Green Palms Academy, a residential building and several kiosks.
4. Distribution of mattresses, blankets, clothes, fresh water as well as food stuff. We have also set up shelters at Mwijabu Secondary School and Mwidani Social hall for 375 displaced residents of Changamwe.
5. Distribution of food supplies to over 300 residents from Likoni.
We are currently doing a house by house needs assessment in the affected areas in order to establish detailed immediate needs and requirements.