RECENT JOB VACANCY
MOMBASA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR- OFFICE OF THE OMBUDSMAN (COMPLAINTS)
Reports to : Director Ethics & Governance
Job Category : Group P
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Director Governance & Ethics and Integrity
- To report on complaints investigated and take remedial action
- Enquire into allegations of maladministration, delay, administrative injustice, discourtesy, incompetence, misbehaviour, inefficiency or ineptitude within the County public service
- Facilitate the setting up of, and build complaint handling capacity in, the sector of County public service
- Work with different public institutions to promote alternative dispute resolution methods in the resolution of complaints relating to County public service administration ·
- Provide advisory opinions or proposals on improvement of county public service administration, including review of legislation, codes of conduct, processes and procedures
- Publish periodic reports on the state of administrative justice within the county public service
- Promote public awareness of policies and administrative procedures on matters relating to administrative justice
- Take appropriate steps, in conjunction with other county organs responsible for the protection and promotion of human rights, to facilitate promotion and protection of the fundamental rights and freedoms of the individual in county public service administration
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor of Law Degree from a university recognized in Kenya
- A Master’s in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Practicing Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Must demonstrate proficiency in use of Basic Computer Applications;
- At least 5 years proven progressive work experience at senior leadership level in a law firm, institution handling human rights or administrative issues.
MOMBASA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
1st Floor, Betting Control Building P.O. Box 80076-80100 Mombasa Kenya Tel: +254 715631914/ +254 780564465 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mombasa County Public Service Board is looking for suitably qualified persons with a blend of Leadership skills, technical expertise and extensive experience at a senior level to fill the following key positions, as per the Constitution of Kenya 2010 under Article 176 of the County Government Act No.17 of 2012 section 45, 50 and 51
COUNTY SECRETARY Job Group “T”
Terms of Service: Contract
Answerable to the Governor, the County Secretary will be the Chief Administration Officer of the County and the head of County Public Service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Head of the County Public Service and is responsible for providing direction and guidance to public officers in the County
- Is Secretary to the County Executive Committee for Coordinating County State functions
- Ensure efficient management of resources
- Interpret, disseminate and oversee implementation of County Government policies and programs
- Communicate and follow up the decisions of the Executive Committee to the appropriate persons
- Convey decision of the Executive Committee to the appropriate persons or authorities
- Perform any other duties as directed by the County Executive Committee
Requirement for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree from University recognized in Kenya.
- Masters degree from a University recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage.
- Have 10 years’ experience at a senior level in administration or management.
- Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya, laws on devolution and County laws
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to national values and principles of governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess knowledge of organization and functions of Government
- Have a thorough knowledge of the structural, legislative and regulatory framework of the Public Service
- Membership to a Professional Association will be an added advantage
- Must satisfy the requirement of Chapter 6 of the Constitution
MOMBASA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
1st Floor, Betting Control Building P.O. Box 80076-80100 Mombasa Kenya Tel: +254 715631914/ +254 780564465 Email: email@example.com
INFORMATION ANALYST (1 POST)
Reports to : The Chief Executive Officer
Supervises : Staff under him/her
Job Category : Group M
The Information Analyst will be responsible for collecting, collating and analysing all datareceived and processed by the Board including complaints, concerns, human resource plans and requests from both internal and external customers of the county government on work performance, deliverables, fraud and corruption among other issues of concern.
Duties and responsibilities
- Formulating strategies and processes that will facilitate proper collection, assessment, evaluation, analysis and timely reporting of findings on all data received by the Board by its internal and external stakeholders while documenting results.
- Analysing and interpreting information to assess the extent of violation and/or adherence to the ethical and governance concerns and applicable laws, rules and regulations pertaining to corruption and fraud cases with a view to recommending appropriate measures that needs to be taken in eliminating harmful and bad ethical behaviours.
- Analysing and interpreting information to asses human resource plans, skills inventory and other human resource related data.
- Work with appropriate analytical tools to provide proper business intelligence and meaning to data/information that is handled by the Board.
- Facilitate provision of analysis, interpretation and reporting to the concerned recipients/departments or agencies.
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical, public/education policy or related technical area, computer sciences, statistics, or other comparable analytical fields of study.
- Master’s Degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Knowledge of project management, business planning and reporting, and the ability to apply analytical and strategic thinking may be desirable;
- Experience in problem solving and decision making in a fast paced environment adopting a flexible and proactive approach and the ability to pre-empt and achieve solution based outcomes;
- Proven ability to conduct research and analysing data/findings and document results.
- Ability to foster a spirit of cooperation and collaboration across departments.
- Professionalism, integrity and commitment to ethical and integrity demands;
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated approach to practical problem solving;
- Demonstrate leadership with ability to accept responsibility and accountability for decisions made and actions taken.
- Ability to motivate and build a team working environment to support intended goals and objectives;
- Ability to professionally and competently deliver training, seminars and impart knowledge on ethical and governance issues;
- Knowledge of Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Strategic/Business Planning and Financial Analysis/Reporting;
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and problem-solving approach;
- Demonstrate ability to analyse, organize and synthesize data, contextual information, ideas, and concepts, so that they can be presented and communicated clearly.
- Ability to conduct literature reviews.
- Demonstrate capacity to manage, assess, validate, integrate and analyse a variety of large and small data sets using SAS or STATA statistical software.
- Ability to thoroughly and clearly document analytic methods and findings.
- To work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team of the board and information professionals.
Records Management Officer III, Job Group ‘H’
Position: Full time
- The Officers will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of both current and semi- current records and storage facilities, safe – keeping, accessibility and retention of records as long as required with minimum supervision of the Assistant Director Board Operations, Communications & Records Management.
Assistant Director Board Operations, Communications & Records Management.
- Receiving and registering all incoming and outgoing letters
- Promptly circulating files to action officers
- Opening, maintenance and closing of files
- Assisting with the preparation and review of departmental files classification scheme
- The accurate recording and tracking of file movement problems in the entity
- Addressing and resolving the records management problems in the entity
- Filing of the letters and documents in the right files
- Designing and implementing an effective records retention and disposal program
Requirements for the position
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Diploma in Records/Information Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in administration
- Digital Records System knowledge will be added advantage
- Computer literate
- Ability to work without supervision
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution
Position: Medical Oncologist
Job Group: R
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review and plan therapy for patients in an outpatient & inpatient set up
- Assume position as lead Clinician in management of oncology in Mombasa County
- Involve in teaching and mentorship of Junior Clinicians and Interns in area of specialty.
- Ability to work as team in comprehensive management of cancer.
- Assist in planning and implementation of radiology services for Mombasa County
Masters in Medicine with sub specialization fellowship in medical and radiation oncology from a recognized institution.
Minimum 5 years experience in running a busy Oncology Unit as a Senior Oncologist.
Must be registered as specialist in oncology by KMPDB
INDENTS FOR THE POSITION OF DIR & DEP. DIR INSPECTORATE
- Deputy Director of Inspectorate
This position deputizes the director in oversight and coordination of the administration and operational functions of the enforcement department.
Supervise operations of the enforcement/inspectorate department and manage the staff under you.
Other duties will include:
a)Organizing meeting with head of units who are under you and plan on various operation aimed at ensuring safety of properties within the county.
- b) Ensure that the rapid response unit always is active to respond to emergencies which may arise within the county.
- c) Authorize demolition of illegal structures within the county.
- d) Arrange for staff development and refresher programs in conjunction with HR
- e) Work with relevant stakeholders and bodies to ensure security is maintained within the county
- f) Respond to escalated alleged violations of regulations, policies, procedures and standards by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigation procedures
- g) Attend security committee meetings to enable proper planning of security operations within the County
h)Prepare Departmental budget and attend relevant County committee meetings
|Bachelor’s degree in criminology or security management or an equivalent relevant degree from a university recognized in Kenya.
A master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage
|Eight (8) years’ experience, Three (3) years of which must be at a senior position in the Public Service or Private Sector.
Must have attended a senior management course lasting four weeks
|2. Director of Inspectorate services
Duties and Responsibilities:
a)developing County security strategies
b)Participate in the development of County strategic planning process
c)Provide leadership to the Inspectorate department
d) ensure the inspectorate department is delivering on their mandate
e)Preparation and control of departmental budgets
f) Coordinate, monitor, and evaluate the county’s enforcement/inspectorate programs
Bachelor’s degree in criminology or security management or an equivalent relevant degree from a university recognized in Kenya.
A master’s degree in the relevant field
Ten (10) years’ experience, Three (3) years of which must be at a senior position in the Public Service or Private Sector.
Must have attended a strategic leadership Development course .
SEPTEMBER 2017 VACANCIES
Click on the link below to download
JUNE 2017 INTERVIEWS
Click to download the interview schedule
APRILL 2017 INTERVIEWS
The following candidates have been shortlisted for interviews at the Mombasa County Government. The interviews will be conducted on specified dates, at the Mombasa County Public Service Board, situated on the 1st Floor of Betting Control Building. Candidates should avail themselves at the interview venue at 8.00 a.m. They should also bring along their updated 2017 HELB, EACC, KRA and CID Certificates.
Mombasa County Public Service Board Newsletter 2017 Volume 1