Reports to : Assistant Director Public Relations & Media Communication
Supervises : Staff under him/her
Job Category : Group J
This position reports functionally to the Assistant Director Public Relations and Media Communication
Duties and Responsibilities
- Selection and purchase of books and other research materials, in consultation with the users
- Cataloguing and classification
- Indexing and abstracting
- Estimating expenditure and vote control and
- Supervision, guidance and development of staff
- Managing the operations of the registry.
- Planning appropriate office accommodation for registry services.
- Tracking movement of files, documents and records in accordance with government regulations.
- Ensuring proper, secure and computer based storage of documents for ease of retrieval.
- Carry out survey, appraisal and disposal of records within stipulated time.
- Assisting the Board to implement best practice records management procedures and ensure that they are correctly followed.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
Requirements for Appointment
- A Diploma in Library/Information Science or Library Studies
- A Bachelor’ degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences from a recognized institution plus a Diploma in Library Science , Information Science or Library Studies
- Served for at least three (3) years in grade of librarian II, Resource Centre Assistant or equivalent position, and
- Proficiency in computer applications.