Position Title : Strategic Management Officer (1 Post)
Reports to : Chief Officer of Health
Job Category : Group N
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead in the development, management and execution of health strategies and policies
- Initiate, advice and contribute to the department’s promotion of health programmes and policies.
- Facilitate capacity building with a view to improving the existing health promotion programmes.
- To ensure effective use of health promotion resources towards improving access to public health information, resources and skills as appropriate.
- Develop health promotion and educational resources and tools that can be used across the public health sector to improve provision of health education programmes.
- Support the achievement of health department’s objectives and goals.
- Manage projects, including evaluation and surveys, staff and any associated budgets as appropriate.
- Contribute to general work of department in delivering the health function and support all health initiatives within the County.
- Provides reporting to inform perspectives regarding public health drivers.
- Conduct evidence based-analysis and provide unique insights into provider practices, highlighting efficiencies and opportunity areas.
- Understands and maintains intimate knowledge of most current and recommended health care systems, measuring provider adherence and effectiveness through the appropriate tools and systems.
- Continuous innovation of analysis and reporting required to drive quality, effectiveness, efficiencies, consistencies across all health care systems.
- Evaluates and conduct research on knowledge and training on health care
- Generate regular and quarterly reports.
Qualifications and experience:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- BA in Planning.
- Master’s degree in health related course or training in quality assurance or health systems is desirable.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in the related field, 3 of which must be in middle managerial position. At least three (3) years of experience working in public sector is advantageous.
- Proven record of results in the previous employment.
- Evidence of successful change management in previous employment.
- Analytical skills including financial, process and risk analysis including predictive modelling.
- Advanced level of proficiency with relevant computer packages e.g. SAS and/or SQL.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Capacity to train, mentor or coach.
- Capacity to provide leadership to the section, motivate and employees and ensure high productivity.
- Comprehensive understanding of health standards and quality assurance.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.