Position Title : Strategic Management Officer (1 Post)
Reports to : Chief Officer of Health
Job Category : Group N
- Collecting data, forecasting and report generation
- Analyzing economic trends through complex quantitative methods for reliable forecast of economic activity to support decision making
- Conduct valuable research, present findings to support decision making
- Planning and policy developments in the health care systems within the County
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness in public health and health care systems.
- Facilitate the running of medical facilities and programs effectively
- Enhance cost-effectiveness of the health care provision.
- Develop health programmes, goals and objectives which involve the optimum utilization of resources, thereby keeping high profitability ratio.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop program objectives, strategies and study methods on health care
- Design and execute research studies to guide effective use of information and resources
- Lead and direct plans to calculate various costs related to health care
- Utilize research programs on health economic topics
- Suggest new health outcomes for treatment and prevention of health issues
- Evaluate current and proposed strategies and interpret findings
- Pro-actively identify market access opportunities for the organization through effective planning and development of financially sound business proposals
- Effectively allocate and deploy resources including people, activities, projects and investment
- Contribute to strategic discussions/market access planning processes to enhance the effectiveness of implementation of corporate strategies
- Communicate economic assessment results to appropriate internal audiences
- Develop and execute health economic issues and methods to reduce cost
- Perform economic analysis and model plans for health-care programs
- Communicate and distribute academic literature, presentations and reports on research findings to update about new issues, solutions and other topics
- Ensure that medical care is provided to all patients in an efficient and effective way
- Provide lectures or educational sessions to educate about health economics
- Manage budget and cost estimates according to plans
- Manage business relationships with all customers including doctors, patients, economists, etc.
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- First Degree in Social Sciences preferably Economics, Finance, Epidemiology, Statistics or Policy.
- Post graduate qualification in health economics, Audit/Accounts, Finance or Public Health preferably a Master’s Degree or Ph.D.
- At least 8 years in senior managerial position 3 of which should be in public sector.
- Proven track record and experience in health economics within the health sector
- Excellent project management skills
- Good sense and knowledge of health economic aspects and help in the decision making process within the health sector.
- Understand the functioning of health care industry and conduct economic evaluations of various programs accordingly.
- Good understanding of the role of health economics
- Right balance of mathematical and analytical aptitude to comprehend the economic aspects thoroughly
- Excellent research skills and ability to analyze findings to make appropriate use of health care resources
- Clear understanding of the country’s health economy
- Abreast with the national economic policies and its impact on the health-care sector.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proven record in managing change.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience in successful implementation of plans and achievement of objectives
- Ability to handle pressure, complex situations and problem solving capacity
- Ability to think analytically and strategically.
- Comprehensive understanding of health planning, HMIS and quality assurance issues.
- Capacity to provide leadership to the section, motivate employees and ensure high productivity.
- Capacity to train, mentor or coach.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Competent IT skills.
Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.